"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Two months ... Updated 01 SEP 2017

... is what I think I have left.

On Thursday, 03 AUG 2017, I went to the eye surgeon for a follow up exam of the left eye surgery eight days prior.

Dr. Morris was pleased with the reduced pressure in that eye (a result of the drainage tube inserted at that time). He wants to see me again on 31 AUG 2017.  

When I asked if it would be another five to seven weeks before setting up surgery on the RIGHT eye, he didn't want to commit just yet; saying, "We'll schedule it WHEN IT'S TIME".

He's reluctant to perform surgery on my best eye (it IS SURGERY, after all, and a problem during it could result in LOSING that eye, leaving me with only the LEFT, which is damn near USELESS).

On Thursday, 10 AUG 2017, I'm scheduled for a physical and lab work, taking most of the day

After THAT, they wanI to set up COUNSELING, because of suicidal thoughts I've expressed on occasion.

Problem is, NONE of THAT helps with the MONEY situation that brings up the thoughts in the first place and makes ACTING on them almost INEVITABLE.

I've asked some of their social workers to help me find SOMETHING I can do to earn PAYCHECKS again.  Because of my age and condition, they are VERY pessimistic on that score.

WITHOUT those paychecks, I will NOT survive;  it's really just as simple as THAT. When the money RUNS OUT (as it IS slowly doing;  I estimate TWO MONTHS), That's IT.  That's all she wrote.

To Alec and Melissa:  PLEASE keep the email announcing THIS post.  When you get the phone call from a First Responder, you'll know how to edit the subject line and content of that email, and pass it along to everyone, with "Reply All".

Thanks.  :-)

UPDATE - 01 SEP 2017 ...
I first published this post on August 6 (Hiroshima Day, ironically), as my best estimate on how long I had before my financial situation left me no alternative to ending it all.

So far, I appear to be right on schedule.

The VA is setting me up for something they call Vocational Rehabilitation, for which a Social Worker (who struck me as VERY savvy) has great confidence in their ability to really help Veterans find employment, even at MY age and in MY conditions.

Trouble is, this could take MONTHS, by which time I will be quite DEAD.

So, once AGAIN, I am BEGGING for donations, but WARNING you that it COULD be all in vain.

I STILL have the PayPal  "Medical Donation" button near the top of the left column on this page, in hope of help.

Alternatively, a check can be mailed to
 Paul Gordon
 3433 West Dallas St, Apt. 1102
 Houston, Texas 77019

 Email: gordpnp@airmail.net


I'm QUITE aware that some of you have MAJOR problems of your own.  BUT, if you CAN help a bit, Thank you.

If you CAN'T, well, don't worry about it.  I'm becoming resigned to my fate.  I've lasted 75 years, so far.  Better than SOME.  ;-)
-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul, how are the floods affecting you? Are you safe? Were you able to stay in your home, or have you been evacuated? Do you have enough food and safe drinking water? Please post, if you can! I'll email you also. Mary

Followers

Stat Counter