"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Friday, May 06, 2011

An advantage to RSS and Google Reader

A few days ago, I decided to blow away a post of mine that I had gotten tired of and had seemed to attract no interest in any way.

When I took a look in Google Reader, it was still there (and will probably remain there as long as Google Reader endures).

So...

In my sidebar is a list of sites that I like, using RSS to show a brief take from the latest post on each site.

On Michele Malkin's site, it showed...
Just wondering: Why was American flag removed from Ground Zero yesterday?

Clicking on it got
Error 404: Page Not Found ,
and looking on her site shows no trace of it.

(BUT, in Google Reader her post is still there.)

Now working on a good conspiracy theory to explain this.

OOOOOOOOPS!!!

In the time I spent knocking this out, Michele has put up a new (corrected) post...

No, Obama didn’t remove American flag from Ground Zero  noting...

It’s not true.

As Allahpundit points out, Tapper tweeted the photo at the end of the day yesterday after the Ground Zero event and the flag was visible during the ceremony.

I stand corrected and apologize for the error.

So much for conspiracy theories. :(

What I noted as an advantage in the title may be anything but;
your mistakes take on a life-span approaching that of cave paintings.

-

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter