"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Txt Message

-Ever get one of these on your cell phone?

Congratulations, your entry in last month's drawing won you a FREE $1000 Target Giftcard.  Enter '713' at www.target.com.ctrd.biz and tell us where to ship it!

COOL!!!

Ok, then ...

Trying to access that web page got this ...

Doing the recommended Google search results in ...

A bit more detail ...

Ah, HELL!!! :(

I had such fantasies of what I would do with it that card. But, as this blog is intended for a family audience, I wont go into them here.

Just having a bit of fun; I didn't really believe I had won anything in a contest I had never even entered. I'm more than a little bit pessimistic on the chances of the world working quite that way.

What I fully expected to find there was a pitch to join in some program or buy a certain amount of services (for a modest fee, of course), and this would give you a chance of getting such a card before the Second Coming (or more likely not; there's a reason "Scam" appears in most of the Google results on this).

But, hope dies hard. I'm still awaiting that Publisher's Clearing House check, in spite of the fact that I haven't sent in an entry in years. That shouldn't even matter.

If you get my check by mistake, you'll be sure and let me know; won't you?
-

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter