"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

In the works ...

It's been over a month since my last post.

I'm not dead; it's just been that kind of a month.

I'm trying to put together "Gary Farmer - Contrary Warrior", about American Indian actor Gary Farmer, having recently seen him on "Longmire" the very same day I watched a copy of "Powwow Highway" in which he co-starred 24 years ago.  It seems that Gary Farmer has been sort of a Contrary Warrior for more that a generation. That post is about two-thirds done; I just have to get past a roadblock (called writer's block) to put it up.

Another post, "I got a .45 -- and a shovel.  I doubt that anyone would miss you.", would be about actor Dan Hedaya, who usually plays parts that redefine sleaze (and for "Cheers" fans, played Karla's ex-husband on that show). The title comes from one of his more conventional roles, as Alicia Silverstone's father in "Clueless" in which he warn's a teenage suitor about the consequences of anything happening to his daughter.

Another possibility is "There can only be one!", about actor Clancy Brown whom I first saw as the Kurgen in "Highlander" (whence came the title) and whom most people might remember as Guard Captain Hadley in "The Shawshank Redemption".

I have other ideas in mind, so I will be back. Just might take a few more days or so. :-)

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

It's one of those wee.... mon... season.... years...um... decades......

Followers

Stat Counter