"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Thursday, June 25, 2015

NOT one of my brighter ideas.

Being cheap about cab fare.

There's a Kroger about half a mile from my apartment. Being unable to drive, I've been taking a cab each way to do my grocery shopping, usually around $5.00 each way (including a modest tip).

Tuesday, the 23rd, I went back to work for the first time in a month.  I go again tomorrow (Friday). I HAVE been walking some, in this cast-like boot, and using the bus again. But, it's still awkward and exhausting.

Today, I decided to walk to Kroger and just use the cab to get back with a load of groceries.

The STUPID part was going around 2:30 PM  in wonderful Houston summer weather, trying hard to not pass out because if I went down, not only would I need help in getting back up again, I'd be damned lucky if I didn't break something else in such a fall.

If I try that stunt again, I'll at least wait until later, when the sun has gone down.

I DO need to get better at walking, as it is all too possible I may not have anything to drive ever again (see "First blow ..." in Hat-trick:  ).  This situation just may KILL me financially.  The money is running out. I am grateful beyond words for the donations that have come in from friends, but as I mentioned in that post, I see no possibility of avoiding Chapter 7 in the near future.

So, I may be walking for the remainder of my life.
-

1 comment:

Gary Binkley said...

Try Googling the problem with the car.....that should pull up some forums from enthusiests with questions and answers...I've found solutions to mysteries on some of my cars that way

Followers

Stat Counter