"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Friday, June 19, 2015

Shower ...

... equals unfathomable luxury in my present situation.

For the first time in four weeks (since my accident of Sometimes, like just sucks ), I've been able to shower, instead of just sponge bathing. 

As with my broken arm accident of two years ago, deliberation in all things is the rule. If I sit in the tub, I have a Hell of a time getting back up, being weak in my arms and trying to brace myself against wet slippery surfaces. I prefer a shower while standing.  I DO have one of those Rubbermaid non-slip (with suction cups) mats for the bottom of my tub.

BUT, if I slip anyway, or lose balance from a spasm of pain by putting my foot down wrong, well, there might be a more dangerous place in my apartment for such an accident (considering the spigot, faucet handles and mixing valve at one end of a typical apartment bathtub), but I have great difficulty in conjuring it up.

So, this IS progress, of a sort.  I'm getting better at walking with that awkward boot (like walking on a cast), and may attempt a bus ride in a couple of days.

Tomorrow, I'll call Randalls to find out if I'm on next weeks schedule.

But, STILL a long way to go on recovery, including financial, so if you can help, I desperately need it and would be very grateful.

Paul Gordon
3433 West Dallas, # 1102
Houston, Texas 77019

(Or, you can use the Paul Gordon Medical donation button (PayPal) near the top left of the webpage, just below the main title picture.)

Thanks, in advance. :-)
-

No comments:

Followers

Stat Counter