"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Where things stand ...

On Friday, 22 May 2015, I had my accident (referred to in Sometimes, life just sucks ).  I had badly sprained my right angle after slipping on a muddy sidewalk at a bus stop.

Sunday, 07 Jun 2015, I thought things had improved enough to go to a local clinic and hopefully get a doctor's note allowing me to return to work.

BUT, the nurse at that clinic was very disturbed by all the redness that still remained on my foot and lower leg.  Fearing a possible blood clot, she felt she couldn't issue such a note and recommended I go to Ben Taub emergency room for blood flow tests.

I took a cab there, arriving just before 6 PM, and was there until a bit after 2 AM before I was released.  It was almost 3 AM when I got back home.

They took all kinds of blood tests to make sure there was nothing toxic, and to make sure (by sonogram) that blood flow wasn't restricted by a clot. They took x-rays of the ankle and the tibula (one of two parallel bones in the lower leg) and found fractures on both the ankle AND the tibula.

They gave me a special boot they want me to wear until I go back for a follow-up on Monday, 15 Jun 2015.  Unfortunately, I cannot use it, as it is like walking on a cast. I almost had a bad fall right in the emergency room when I tried it (I suppose THAT would be the best place for it to happen, but there is no way I can afford a fall that might break something else.).

The only way I can use that boot would be to get a crutch. I'm going to see if someone here will give me a ride to a local CVS pharmacy that has one. I'm probably going to have to use that boot if I hope for that doctor's note from the orthopedic surgeon Monday morning.

I have GOT to be able to return to work and begin drawing paychecks again. Otherwise, this situation will finally FINISH me; it's really just as simple as that.

Will know more on Monday, but this is NOT good. :-(
-

No comments:

Followers

Stat Counter