"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Sunday, November 01, 2009

FINALLY, a title picture I can use.

The weather finally cooperated and I got a chance to take some photos, one of which is now the background for the main title. It may change in the near future if I manage to improve on this.

At least, I'm getting some practice with the camera. I was impressed by its' features, but recoiled at all the various options and settings (explained somewhat, in micro-print, in the owners manual).

But, one can just set the Auto mode and start shooting. The other options I can get acquainted with at my own pace (much like the way you teach yourself programming; learn basics first, and add bells & whistles as you go).

Whatever the merits of this title picture, at least I'm not violating anyone's copyright by using it.


Now, I can get on with the rest of the things I want to do with this blog, making full use of the gift from a wonderful friend above.

-

2 comments:

gcotharn said...

Congrats! I've added you to my Google Reader. So, when you post, it will let me know. Nice photos.

Paul Gordon said...

Thanks, Greg:

I'm still new at this, and was wondering how well the comment function would work.

Felt it would be self-serving to test it myself (and maybe not accurate as that would tell me that the OWNER has no problem commenting).

Thanks, for clearing THAT up for me.
-

Followers

Stat Counter