"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Brief Coda to "A Parking Space to Die For"

-
WHY the primeval rage and urge to MURDER over a parking space?

In an email exchange with a good friend over the posting, I expanded on the territorial premise.  If she sees this, she'll recognize this post as a rehash of what I wrote to her.

An assigned space is very much like an extension of your home.  Imagine returning to your home or apartment to find someone else occupying it.  Blood has flowed over less.

As for what I had vowed when I put my car in the Guest area, I almost felt like renewing that vow when I moved my car from it.  The one open spot I had found was directly under a tree.

The problem with trees is that they attract birds.  LOTS of birds.
Need I fill in the rest?

That oughta do it.  Continuing would redefine "Beating a dead horse".

"Them's my last words on the subject!"
(~Steve McQueen, "Tom Horn")
-

No comments:

Followers

Stat Counter