"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Friday, January 22, 2010

On blogging, obsession, and being too full of one's self...

-
My previous post, congratulating Massachusetts for electing Scott Brown, noted Chris Matthews reaction to that as, "we need to keep an eye on this guy; I don't trust him."

I rebutted with what I felt was a really good zinger, about how I had a Hell of a lot more trust in a former Lieutenant-Colonel, who had served his country, than I had in a (fill in the blank) who endorses someone for Commander-In-Chief because of a "tingle up his leg".

The problem is, when I searched (and searched, and searched) using Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, whatever, I could NOT find any confirmation of him actually saying that.

I was sure I had heard him, but I have to admit that, when channel hopping among the news shows, the pundits all seem to melt together into the same faceless mass.

I cannot be sure who really did say it, but the search suggests that maybe I had the misfortune of stumbling across Glenn Beck, in full Jeremiah mode, with a really disgusting observation, "I don't trust this guy. You're going to end up with a dead intern."

WTF?!!!

Not being able to back up what I said, I pulled it.

I'd love to restore it; I really loved that zinger.

But, that is precisely the problem with getting obsessed with putting these things out.

By wanting, so desperately, to keep that comment alive and out there, I'm acting as if I'll never get another chance to do one as good. That demonstrates a lack of confidence in myself that's plagued me all my life.

Besides, the notion of not getting another chance, in such a target-rich environment as the current political landscape, is ridiculous beyond words.

Definitely time to drop this and move on.
-

1 comment:

gcotharn said...

Target rich environment is right! I've never seen such a target rich environment.

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter