"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Monday, January 25, 2010

New additions to "Websites I Like..."

-
I've decided to add Ann Coulter and Roger L. Simon to the list.

Why Ann? Why the Hell NOT?! I mean, LOOK AT HER!!! :-)

As for Roger; well, he's long overdue for inclusion.

I first noticed him, just before last summer, when a link pointed me to TALKING THROUGH MY HAT: How Ahmadinejad Made Me a Believer

I have never been much of a believer.
. . .
Until I went to Geneva, Switzerland a couple of weeks ago. I was there to cover Durban II, aka the Durban Review Conference – an attempt by the United Nations to ratify the results of its 2001 human rights conclave in Durban, South Africa.
. . .
But I didn’t realize the man who turned out to be the conference’s key speaker – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of the Islamic Republic of Iran – would be staying in my hotel. I learned that surprising fact from some Swiss security people only minutes before I saw the Iranian president face to face.
. . .
I heard screaming sirens followed by shrieking motor cycles when Ahmadinejad himself entered, accompanied by a phalanx of Iranian secret service, all of whom were larger than he. He was indeed a small man, almost diminutive, and marched straight across the lobby in what seemed at the time like a goose step a few feet away from me, staring directly at me while waving and smiling in my direction.
. . .
I was in the presence of pure Evil.
. . .
This was the guy that my president wanted to talk with?
. . .
I know I am being irrational here, so I will stop. Being in the presence of Ahmadinejad’s evil, fleeting and haltingly put me in the presence of something else
.
. . .

There's a Hell of a lot in those extended ellipses. Click on that link above to fill them in, and see what made ME a believer in Roger Simon.
-

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter