"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Hiatus

- A twenty-dollar word for "I haven't put up anything for a couple of weeks now".

Why not?

Literary well dried up (temporarily, I hope).

Too ~!@#$%^* tired. Somewhere along the line, I went and let myself get old. Didn't mean to. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that growing up was highly overrated; but as I never got around to that, I can't really say. I'm still on my walking regimen (today will make day 64) and am still frustrated that it is taking as long as I rightly feared (Hey! I've spent a lifetime getting into my present shape; fixing it is gonna take a while).

Monitoring an experiment, on another site, that is so far confirming my worst reservations about that site.

Dealing with the fact that an Air Force buddy I haven't had any contact with since 1962 has suffered unimaginable losses and I have yet to even call him.

What on earth can I possibly say to him? That I understand, and know what he's going through? God would probably strike me dead for such a blatant lie. I've been so fortunate in life, it's unbelievable; I truly don't know what real problems are.

I learned this from some of the others I was with in the USAF. If some of them decide to go and visit him, I will have to seriously consider it, although at present the financial obstacles are absolutely staggering.

Will try to snap out of it and do more here.

Possibilities...

Since I love movies so much, something on subtitling and dubbing. If you ever tried translating something from one language to another, you may have some idea of the subtleties involved.

Probably something on the lame-duck congress session that will follow the November election (the session, I mean. The post should go up long before that :-). At present, some of them seem to be threatening "Vote us out and we'll destroy you!" (Never mind that if we vote them back in, they'll still destroy us). Is this what Obama means by the "Chicago way"? -- "Nice little country you've got here; be a shame if anything happened to it."

-

1 comment:

gcotharn said...

Congrats on succeeding in your exercise goal. Way to go.

Followers

Stat Counter