"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It would seem that I write like Mario Puzo...

...at least, according to I Write Like

Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.

Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).

So, I shoved in the text of my previous post WANTED!!! -- For stealing these movies...  , and this was the verdict.


I write like
Mario Puzo
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

Who'da thunk it?

It's been ages since I read The Godfather (1970 actually; I'll bet some of you weren't even born then), but I still  have a copy of his The Godfather Papers and Other Confessions  (a collection of articles and essays he wrote about the making of the movie, and about other things) which certainly may have influenced me a bit.

Check it out if you're curious;  the link is at the top.

How seriously should you take it?

Well, ... you might also check out Viral Writing Analyzer Offers No Solace For The Literate.

But seriously, I Write Like is not without its quirks. Written by Russian programmer Dmitry Chestnykh, IWL appears to have little to do with actual writing style.
 ...
Chestnykh admits that the software is based on email spam filters, and as such is keyword-based; you could write exclusively in bullet-point lists, and be judged a Shakespearean poet. 

Oh well, it felt good while it lasted.
-

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter