"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Monday, April 11, 2011

Rebuttal...

My previous post, Oh, Great!!! :(, concerned an article on Yahoo that suggested that my latest obsession (blogging) was greatly increasing my risk of a heart attack (because of too much sitting).

I contend that the increased risk comes from actually reading some of the stuff one discovers when surfing the web.

Let me offer a beneficial side effect to my obsession.

In one of my earlier whines, Dark Night of the Soul... Indeed!, a commenter (who signed herself as Rachel in Atlanta), asked

  "Do you have anyone at all to talk to?"

Well, of course I do.

You!

And the dozen or so others who will eventually read this.

It is a tremendous release to be able to share things with you and, on occasion, to vent as well.  Much better than just keeping it bottled up inside. (A hell of a lot cheaper than therapy, too. :-)

In this particular instance, the Yahoo article mentioned in the previous post inspired that post, and then this rebuttal. That is fun!

If I have succeeded in connecting with any of you, without boring you to death (and while my site-meter wont tell me who you are (although I can sometimes infer it from other data), it will tell me if someone has such curiosity), then know that you are helping to keep my very soul alive. If that goes, how long would the heart last anyways?

Contrary to the title of the article, I truly believe the most dangerous thing I could possibly do would be to stop. Whilst dealing with getting by in an utterly soul-killing job and existence, you readers have helped so much to keep me (relatively) sane.

So, Thank you.

(And, YES! I know I could benefit from some of the tips in the article without giving up blogging. I think you get the drift.)
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Все, выхожу 15 ноября замуж. Поздравьте меня! Заходить теперь к вам редко буду.

Отличный сайт! Все хорошо сделано.

Paul Gordon said...

Google Translate says that comment is Russian and renders it as...

All you get out on Nov. 15 to get married. Congratulate me! Now go to you'll rarely.

An excellent site! All well done.


Okay, then...
(Хорошо, тогда ...

:-)

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter