"When faced with a problem you do not understand,
do any part of it you do understand; then look at it again."
~(Robert A. Heinlein - "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress")

About to comment here for the very first time?
Check Where'd my Comment go?!!! to avoid losing it.
-

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I'm not gonna do this post.

-
I've mentioned, in passing a few times, that since going into early retirement after my IT job was outsourced, I've had to supplement my income by becoming a part-time grocery cashier.

Aside from occasional (but very rare) enlivenment such as the armed robbery mentioned in Well, THAT was interesting..., the job is a soul-killing trap  (see Psychosomatica, and especially the comments).

Were I to do this post, about this job, I would very likely entitle it,  
"All hope abandon, ye who enter here!"

As that sounds a bit of a downer, I think I'll pass for now.
-

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Stat Counter